Palatine Park Foundation Mission
It Shall be the mission of the Palatine Park Foundation to contribute to the health and well-being of Palatine Park District residents by providing scholarship opportunities to residents with financial limitations, by assisting in funding Park District capital projects, by funding projects and events that provide physical accessibility to all, and to preserve open space throughout the Park District.
We are here for the kids. We want to do what we can for all kids so they don’t miss out.Carl E. Arthur, President Emeritus & Foundation Founder
Palatine Park Foundation Vision
- To contribute to the health and well-being of the Palatine Park District residents.
- To provide program scholarship opportunities to residents with financial limitations.
- To assist in the funding of projects or events that provide physical accessibility to all.
- To preserve open space throughout the Palatine Park District.
Palatine Park Foundation was formed in October of 1994 to assist Palatine Park District in its continuing commitments of service to the community.
Since 1994, Palatine Park Foundation has:
- Assisted with the acquisition of Towne Square site and other properties.
- Provided funds for youth that enabled them to participate in the Palatine Park District activities.
- Began a partnering process with the corporate community.
- Incorporated the foundation as a not-for-profit entity.
The foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation. All donations that we receive are fully tax deductible as charitable contributions.
Foundation Board Members do not receive any compensation for their volunteer service.
Park Foundation Members
- Kate McNally President
- Jim Lennon Vice President
- Robert “Dutch” Schultz Treasurer
- Monica Haun Secretary
- Janet Leigh
- Debbie Lemonidis
- Joe Pietrini
- Carl E. Arthur President Emeritus & Foundation Founder
- Mike Clark Palatine Park District Liaison
- Cheryl Lufitz Foundation Support